- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 18 large marshmallows
- 4 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- Vegetable oil
How to Make It
Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel sweet potatoes, and mash.
Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients; stir sugar mixture and egg into mashed sweet potatoes. Shape mixture around marshmallows, and roll in crushed cereal; place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze 2 hours.
Pour oil into a large skillet to depth of 1/2 inch; heat to 350°.
Fry croquettes until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately.