Sweet Potato Crepes with Caramelized Peaches and Pecans
Some crepes are cooked once, and then filled with sweet or savory fillings. In this recipe, the crepes are filled with a sweetened cream cheese mixture, cooked a second time until the cheese warms and the crepes are golden brown on the edges, and then topped with caramelized peaches and toasted pecans. Use fresh peaches when they're in season.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 37 Minutes
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 166mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.4 ounces sweet potato flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.05 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, granulated sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Place milk, 1/2 cup water, and eggs in a blender; process 20 seconds. Add flour mixture; process 30 seconds or until smooth.
- 2. Heat a 9-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove pan from heat. Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin film. Cook about 1 minute.
- 3. Carefully lift edge of crepe with a spatula to test for doneness. Turn crepe over when it can be shaken loose from the pan and the underside is lightly browned; cook 30 seconds.
- 4. Place crepe on a towel; cool. Repeat procedure with remaining batter. Stack crepes between single layers of wax paper or paper towels to prevent sticking.
- 5. Place cream cheese, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- 6. Working with 1 crepe at a time, spread about 2 1/2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture on half of crepe; fold crepe in half to cover filling. Fold in half again to form a triangle; place on a platter (cover to keep from drying). Repeat procedure with remaining crepes and cream cheese mixture.
- 7. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and peaches; cook 5 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- 8. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of crepes; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Carefully turn crepes over, and cook 1 minute. Spoon peach mixture over crepes; sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note