We absolutely loved this cornbread and it really went very well with the bbq chicken. I will make this again.
Sweet Potato Cornbread
Sandwich your favorite barbecue between slices of Sweet Potato Cornbread for a change of pace, or serve along side your favorite meal as you would regular cornbread. The sweet potatoes add a touch of sweetness to this favorite bread of the South.
This recipe goes with Slow-cooked BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes)
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 9-inch square pan.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note