Sweet Potato Cornbread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- Cook sweet potatoes (boil for 30 minutes); drain. Add solid butter, which will melt in the hot pan with sweet potatoes. Mash. Add other ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 8-inch cast-iron skillet or pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note: Make sure to use self-rising cornmeal mix, otherwise the recipe will be flat and hard.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by eshlom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note