had high hopes for this recipe - cornbread and sweet potato. Very easy to make, and baked it for 20 minutes (per recipe) and toothpick inserted came out clean. However, upon cutting it, it was way undercooked in the middle. The outside that was baked properly tasted ok, but nothing great. won't make this again, mostly due to the taste was not what I had hoped for
Sweet Potato Cornbread
Be sure to use self-rising cornmeal mix or your bread will be flat and hard.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Whisk together all ingredients, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into a greased 8-inch cast-iron skillet or baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily Self-Rising Buttermilk Cornmeal Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note