Sweet Potato, Corn, & Kale Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 med carrots chopped
- 1 med red onion chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery choppeed
- 1 large red pepper seeded & chopped
- 1 large sweet potato peeled & cubed
- 1 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 med tomatoes chopped
- 5 cup(s) water or veg stock (I use 1/2 chicken stock
- to taste salt & freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 cup(s) chopped kale leaves heavy stems removed & washed
- to taste cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 1/2 cup(s) parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cashew pieces
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped (I added this to recipe
- in a large pot, heat canola oil over med hi heat. saute carrot, onion, celery, pepper, and sweet potato for 3 minutes. add the thyme & turmeric; combine well with vegetables. add tomato and stock, simmer 20 minutes. add the corn, kale, salt & white pepper, simmer for 5 minutes. season with cayenne pepper.
- combine the cornstarch with 2 tsp cold water, (see cashew option below) with soup simmering, stir in cornstarch mixture, continue to stir & simmer 3 minutes. remove from heat & stir in parsley.
- if using cashews, use a food processor to blend cashews, cornstarch, and 3/4 cup of soup broth. return this mixture to the simmering soup & continue to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cathykehoe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato, Corn, & Kale Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews