Sweet Potato-Corn Bread Fritters
Self-rising flour and self-rising cornmeal contain baking powder and salt. You can substitute the same amount of all-purpose flour and regular cornmeal, with 2 teaspoons baking powder and teaspoon salt.
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup diced peeled cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon apple-pie spice
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 tablespoon molasses
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, potato, and spice in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk and eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter per fritter into hot pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and batter. Serve fritters with molasses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This