- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup diced peeled cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon apple-pie spice
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 tablespoon molasses
How to Make It
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, potato, and spice in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk and eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter per fritter into hot pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and batter. Serve fritters with molasses.