Sweet Potato-Coconut Pie
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shells
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Combine eggs and sugar in a medium mixing bowl; beat well. Add milk, mixing thoroughly. Combine sweet potatoes, butter, salt, and flavorings. Add to egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour mixture into pastry shells. Sprinkle 1/4 cup coconut over each pie. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until set. Cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note