Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (16-ounce) container cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Garnishes: orange rind strips, fresh mint
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring until blended; press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes; cool.
- Beat cottage cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cream cheese and next 4 ingredients; beat at medium speed until mixture is smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Fold in mashed sweet potato, and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours. Combine sour cream and marmalade, stirring until blended; spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 more minutes; cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings