Very tasty, and a lovely idea using the crock pot I will make this again for Christmas however it was very sweet so like the others I will swap out the sugar(s).
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed (about 4 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add whipping cream; stir well. Pour into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker.
- Combine pecans and remaining 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Alternative to the Oven: This is a great holiday side that cooks on the countertop while your turkey and dressing fill your oven.
- Dual Slow-Cooker Menu:
- * Roasted turkey
- * Cornbread dressing
- * Cranberry sauce
- * Green Bean Casserole
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables