good .will try once
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pears and Marshmallows
Photo: Miki Duisterhof; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 494
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 12g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 284mg
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 5 medium Bosc pears (about 2 lb.), peeled, cored, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1. In a large pot, cover sweet potatoes with cold water. Add 1 Tbsp. salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until a knife can pierce sweet potatoes easily, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain potatoes, run under cold water to cool, then peel. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. In a large bowl, toss pears with lemon juice.
- 2. Spread pecans on a baking sheet; bake until toasted and fragrant, shaking sheet once, about 7 minutes. Transfer pecans to a bowl; let cool.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Layer half of sweet potato slices, overlapping, then top with half of pears, half of pecans and a pinch of salt. Drizzle half of butter on top. Repeat layers.
- 4. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until sweet potatoes and pears are tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 5. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle marshmallows over top of casserole and broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This