- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce or whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup leftover sweet potato casserole
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Toasted pecans
How to Make It
Stir together first 2 ingredients.
Whisk together milk and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in another bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into milk mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot (about 350°), lightly greased (with butter) griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook 1 to 2 more minutes or until puffed and thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately with syrup mixture and toasted pecans, or place in a single layer on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.