- SWEET POTATO FILLING:
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- PECAN TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- calories 267
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 44.5 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 35 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 256 mg
- calcium 75 mg
How to Make It
Prepare filling: Preheat oven to 400°. Bake sweet potatoes on a baking sheet 1 hour or until tender. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Let potatoes stand until cool to touch (about 20 minutes); peel and mash with a potato masher.
Beat mashed sweet potatoes, 2 Tbsp. softened butter, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Pulse flour and 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar in a food processor until combined. Add 1 Tbsp. cold butter, and process 45 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in finely chopped pecans. Sprinkle mixture over Sweet Potato Filling in baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.