Sweet Potato Casserole
We prefer the more intense flavor that develops as the sweet potatoes bake in the oven. To save time, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Cook in the microwave in a small amount of water until the potatoes can be mashed easily with a fork. Preheat the oven to 400°, and continue with the recipe beginning with step 3.
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 39.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel and Brown)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour.
- Bring apple cider to a boil in a small saucepan. Add apricots and cranberries; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Scoop pulp from potatoes; place pulp in a large mixing bowl. Add yogurt-based spread. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Remove fruit from apple cider with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon cider; discard remaining cider. Add fruit, 1 tablespoon cider, brown sugar, and salt to potato mixture. Stir well. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles