Sweet Potato Casserole
The slow cooker produces an undeniably good option for this favorite Southern holiday side dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cream; stir well. Pour into a lightly greased 3- or 4-quart oval-shaped slow cooker.
- Combine pecans and remaining 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until sugar melts on top of casserole.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables