Whip sweet potatoes until they're smooth and top with a buttery brown sugar and pecan mixture for a satisfying cool-weather casserole.
Cooking Light NOVEMBER 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare potatoes, place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool 5 minutes.
3. Place potatoes in a large bowl; add granulated sugar, evaporated milk, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and vanilla. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs; beat well. Pour potato mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
4. To prepare topping, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, brown sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir with a whisk. Stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over potato mixture; arrange pecans evenly over top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or just until golden.
5. Preheat broiler (remove casserole from oven).
6. Broil casserole 45 seconds or until topping is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Go to full version of