Terrific!! I was in a hurry and used canned yams and it was faster and tasted great. Everyone wanted the recipe.
Sweet Potato Casserole
We started with this mouthwatering sweet potato casserole and modified the toppings to satisfy lovers of crunchy pecans and cornflakes as well as marshmallows.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400° for about 1 hour or until tender. Let cool to touch; peel and mash sweet potatoes.
- Beat mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine cornflakes cereal and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle diagonally over casserole in rows 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle alternate rows with marshmallows; bake 10 additional minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles