Sweet Potato Bisque
Community Recipe from
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and quartered
- 1 large apple peeled and cored
- 3 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) tbs of butter
- 4 cup(s) chicken stock (Or vegetable)
- 1 bottle(s) Hard Cider (I used Woodchuck Hard Cider's Amber Cide
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 cup(s) cream
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pierce each potato with a fork. Place potatoes on a baking sheet bake for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot add butter, apples, garlic and onions over medium heat. Saute until apples break down and onions are translucent.
- Add in chicken stock, hard cider, cinnamon and maple syrup. Simmer on medium/low heat until potatoes are finished baking.
- When potatoes are cooked and have cooled enough to handle. Slice open the top of the skins
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Tanya50 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes