Sweet Potato Biscuit
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar heaping
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup(s) [1/2 stick] butter softened
- 2 teaspoon(s) to 4 tsp. milk depending on the moisture of the potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate, large bowl mix the seet potatoes and butter. Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and mix to make a soft dough. Then add milk a tablespoon at a time to mixture to cut in. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and toss lightly until the outside of the dough looks smooth. Roll the dough out to 1/2-inch thick and cut with a biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on a greased pan and coat tops with melted butter. Bake for about 15 minutes [watch your overn; if the biscuits are browning too fast, lower the temperature].
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elexa68 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads