I did not make this but had it at our monthly cooking group. The person who made it said it was very bland and she did a lot of adjusting and adding ingredients to fix the flavor. I am not sure exactly what was done but I do know toasted cumin seeds were then ground and added. This combination is a really good one. But consider cumin, pepper such as chipotle, chili, ancho to add a kick. Quinoa mixed in would also be fun.
Warm Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 182mg
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine sweet potato and chicken stock in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in black beans, oregano, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note