Sweet Potato Angel Biscuits
- 3 packages active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 3 cups canned mashed sweet potatoes
- Combine yeast and 3/4 cup warm water in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in yeast mixture and sweet potatoes just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place dough in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter. Freeze up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw biscuits; place on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 20 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note