Great combination of bold flavors!
Sweet Potato-and-Edamame Hash
Photo: Beth Dreiling-Hontzas, Ralph Anderson; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22.1g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 164mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1 (8-oz.) package diced smoked lean ham
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12-oz.) package uncooked frozen, shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Sauté ham and onion in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and ham is lightly browned. Stir in sweet potatoes, and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in edamame and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Note: We tested with Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include arugula or poached egg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note