sweet potato and black bean chili
Community Recipe from
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 medium sweet potatos pealed, 3/4" cubes
- 2 can(s) 14 oz canned diced tomatos
- 1 can(s) 15 oz can black beans rinsed
- Heat oil in Dutch oven, cook onions unti soft.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Add broth and sweet potatos.
- Bring to boil and cover and simmer until potatos are almost are almost tender (around 14 min).
- Add tomatoes and beans and simmer uncovered until heated through and slightly thickened.
- Serve topped with green onions, cilantro and sour cream.
- I made it with 1 can fire roasted tomatoes with chilis and 1 plain can and didn't add chili powder for Leah (but she didn't like it anyway). Next time I would use 2 cans fire roasted with chili for a little more spice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Alyson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
sweet potato and black bean chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes