Truly outstanding. I have made this several times over the years since I pulled the recipe out of the magazine, and it never fails to please, especially when I have a dinner party. I freeze the unused portion of the chipotle peppers in an airtight container, and they are still perfect for the next use.
Sweet Pork Tenderloin With Lime and Chipotle
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 28 Minutes
- 1 cup honey-Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (3/4-pound) pork tenderloins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together first 8 ingredients; remove and reserve 1 cup honey-Dijon mustard mixture.
- Place pork in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; pour remaining honey-Dijon mustard mixture over pork. Cover or seal, and chill, turning occasionally, 2 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut pork into slices.
- Bring reserved mustard mixture and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle peanuts over pork, and serve with sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes