Truly outstanding. I have made this several times over the years since I pulled the recipe out of the magazine, and it never fails to please, especially when I have a dinner party. I freeze the unused portion of the chipotle peppers in an airtight container, and they are still perfect for the next use.
Sweet Pork Tenderloin With Lime and Chipotle
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 28 Minutes
- 1 cup honey-Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (3/4-pound) pork tenderloins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together first 8 ingredients; remove and reserve 1 cup honey-Dijon mustard mixture.
- Place pork in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; pour remaining honey-Dijon mustard mixture over pork. Cover or seal, and chill, turning occasionally, 2 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut pork into slices.
- Bring reserved mustard mixture and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle peanuts over pork, and serve with sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This