Sweet Plum Sauce
Notes: If making ahead, cover and chill sauce up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 29
- Calories from fat: 3.1%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 2.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 pound firm-ripe red-skinned plums
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1. Rinse plums and tomatoes. Pit plums and cut into chunks. Core tomatoes and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, purée plums, tomatoes, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, combine purée, brown sugar, and orange juice. Stir often until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments