- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plus 5 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp.)
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Tortillas, optional
- calories 275
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 599 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, 1 Tbsp. oil, soy sauce, 1 tsp. garlic, brown sugar, cumin and chili powder. Add chicken; stir well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat until very hot; swirl to coat skillet. Spread half of chicken in a single layer, reserving marinade. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. Add another 1 1/2 tsp. oil; repeat with remaining chicken.
Add remaining 2 tsp. oil, peppers and onion to skillet. Stir-fry until vegetables are slightly charred and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. garlic; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Season with salt.
Pour reserved marinade into skillet; let boil for 30 seconds. Return chicken and any juices that have collected to skillet; toss until heated through. Serve with warm tortillas, if desired.