Sweet Pepper and Basil Frittata
A little splash of balsamic vinegar adds a sweet, rich layer of flavor without adding carbohydrate.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 226mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 338mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine eggs, cheeses, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; sauté until tender. Add bell pepper and bay leaf to pan; sauté until very tender. Discard bay leaf. Spread bell pepper mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir egg mixture, and pour over bell pepper mixture in pan. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until edges begin to set. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Transfer pan to oven, and bake, uncovered, at 375° for 6 to 8 minutes or until eggs are completely cooked.
- 4. Loosen sides and bottom of frittata with a spatula. Turn out onto a plate. Brush bottom and sides with balsamic vinegar. Cut into 6 wedges, and serve immediately.
- carbo rating: 7
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch