Sweet Pea Spread
Fresh garlic and a hint of lemon bring out the sweetness of peas. In summer, use fresh peas, but frozen will work, too. This spread is great on sandwiches with prosciutto or another type of ham and good cheese, or simply serve it with breadsticks or crostini. Prep: 10 minutes.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen sweet peas (about 3 cups), cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place peas and garlic in a food processor; slowly add olive oil while processor is running, and puree until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note