- 3 cups shelled fresh green peas
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pea shoots or baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- calories 99
- fat 2.4 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 0.6 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 287 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add peas; cook 15 seconds. Add pea shoots, mint, and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Drain; plunge pea mixture into ice water. Drain well.
Combine pea mixture, stock, and salt in a blender; process until very smooth.
Combine nuts, oil, and dill in a small bowl. Ladle about 2/3 cup soup into each of 6 shallow bowls. Drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon yogurt; top with about 2 teaspoons nut mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.