- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons hot chili flakes
- 4 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 1/3 cups finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut or unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 4 cups (1/2 lb.) bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- calories 144
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 7.1 g
- fat 4.8 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- sodium 113 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Pour oil into a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat. Add mustard seed and cumin seed. When seeds sizzle and pop, in about 30 seconds, add chilies and stir just until chilies begin to brown, about 1 minute.
Add peas, bell pepper, and coconut. Stir until peas are hot, 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in bean sprouts. Pour salad mixture into a wide bowl.
Serve salad warm or cool; just before serving, stir in orange juice and add salt to taste.