Sweet Pea And Potato Pasta
Photo: Christopher Baker; Styling: Anna Last
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 659
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 86g
- Sugars: 9g
- Fiber: 8g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 985mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 12 ounces (3/4 box) fettuccine
- 6 extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 pounds garden peas in their pods (2 cups shelled)
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, return it to the pot, and toss with 4 tablespoons of the oil.
While the pasta cooks, place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon salt and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
Shell the peas.
When the potatoes have 2 minutes left to cook, add the peas to the pot.
Drain the vegetables and transfer to the pot with the pasta. Stir in the scallions, 1/4 cup Parmesan, the remaining oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Divide among individual bowls and top with the remaining Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes