- 1 pound uncooked cellentani (corkscrew) pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (12-oz.) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 1.5% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 2 ounces thin prosciutto slices, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- calories 449
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 6.6 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 24.9 g
- carbohydrate 62.6 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 688 mg
- calcium 402 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cellentani pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and evaporated milk until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in Gouda cheese, next 3 ingredients, and 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper until smooth.
Sauté prosciutto in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until slightly browned. Stir prosciutto and peas into pasta mixture.
Pour pasta mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir together crushed cereal, 1 Tbsp. melted butter, and remaining 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: We tested with Barilla Cellentani pasta and Cabot 5% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving, baked with topping.