This is a very easy and tasty recipe, although I adapted it a bit. I used spinach instead of peas because that is what I had in my freezer, and I also subbed cottage cheese for the ricotta to lighten up the dish a bit. It was delicious! Next time I will use an entire 24 oz bottle of marinara, and I also had to cook the dish a little longer than 50 minutes to get my noodles fully done. Will definitely make again since it is so easy.
Sweet Pea Lasagna
Photo: Jonny Valiant; Styling: Sara Quessenberry
More From Real Simple
Other: 50 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 593
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 67g
- Sugars: 10g
- Fiber: 7g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Calcium: 286mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1 16-ounce container ricotta
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 16-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 9-ounce package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Place the peas in a colander or large strainer and run under cold water until thawed; let drain.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, peas, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spoon half the marinara into an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 2 layers of lasagna noodles (4 sheets).
3. Spread half the ricotta mixture over the noodles and top with a single layer of lasagna noodles (2 sheets). Spread the remaining ricotta mixture on the noodles. Top with 2 layers of noodles (4 sheets) and the remaining marinara.
4. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Loosely cover with foil and bake until the noodles are tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note