Sweet Pea Crostini
Sweet peas are in season--just in time for your next spring gathering. Offer nibbles of Sweet Pea Crostini to celebrate the abundance of this bright green gem.
Yield: Makes 24 servings
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups blanched fresh sweet peas
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 French baguette slices, toasted
- Balsamic vinegar
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Sauté green onions and minced garlic in hot olive oil 2 minutes. Add peas and lemon juice; cook until heated. Remove from heat; stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pulse in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Spoon onto toasted French baguette slices. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- How to Blanch Peas: Cook desired amount of fresh sweet peas, snow peas, or sugar snap peas in boiling salted water to cover 1 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers