- 2 (9-oz.) packages frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 40 French bread baguette slices, toasted
- 1/2 cup (2-oz.) crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
How to Make It
Place peas and garlic in a food processor; with processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing until smooth. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Spoon pea mixture onto toasted baguette slices; sprinkle with cheese.
Pair with: Vincent Delaporte, Sancerre 2009, or Vinho Verde, or a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.