Sweet Onions and Peppers
Prep and Cook Time: 1 hour. Notes: You can make this topping up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Let come to room temperature to serve.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 33
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 onions (8 oz. each)
- 2 red bell peppers (1 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Peel 4 onions (8 oz. each) and sliver lengthwise. Rinse, stem, and seed 2 red bell peppers (1 lb. total); sliver lengthwise.
- 2. In a 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons caraway seeds with onions, bell peppers, and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are limp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 3. Uncover and stir often over medium heat until liquid has evaporated and vegetables begin to brown and taste sweet, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This