I have made this recipe for special occasions for many years. It is consistent and delicious. It always makes a good impression.
Sweet Onion Pudding
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 medium-size sweet onions, thinly sliced
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, blending well. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually stir into egg mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions. Cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes or until caramel colored. Remove from heat.
- Stir onions into egg mixture; then spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until pudding is set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles