This is a family favorite and is delicious! I carmelize the onions in the morning (caution: it usually takes me longer than 30-40 minutes, more like 60+ minutes), then combine all the ingredients and store in the fridge until I am ready to cook it for dinner. I also bake it longer than 30 minutes - more like 40 minutes. LOVE it!
Sweet Onion Pudding
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 medium-size sweet onions, thinly sliced
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, blending well. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually stir into egg mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions. Cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes or until caramel colored. Remove from heat.
- Stir onions into egg mixture; then spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until pudding is set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note