This dish is "melt in your mouth" amazing! It pairs perfectly with beef and is a wonderful, rich addition to Christmas dinner. Highly recommended!
Sweet Onion Pudding
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually stir into egg mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes or until onion is caramel colored. Remove onion from heat.
- Stir onion into egg mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note