- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 medium-size sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions. Cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes or until caramel colored; remove from heat.
Whisk together eggs, cream, and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a separate bowl; gradually whisk into egg mixture until blended. Stir onions and breadcrumbs into egg mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or until center is set and edges are golden brown.
Note: Onions can be cooked up to 2 days ahead. Cover and chill until ready to assemble pudding.