Sweet Onion Pie
Bake: 38 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch tart pan with 1 piecrust; prick bottom of crust with fork. Line sides with foil, add pie weights (or dried beans), and place on bottom rack of oven. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onion 10 minutes or until soft and translucent. Place onion in large bowl, and let cool. Add egg and next 4 ingredients; fold together, and pour mixture into crust. Top with bacon, and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes