Sweet Onion Pie
Bake: 38 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch tart pan with 1 piecrust; prick bottom of crust with fork. Line sides with foil, add pie weights (or dried beans), and place on bottom rack of oven. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onion 10 minutes or until soft and translucent. Place onion in large bowl, and let cool. Add egg and next 4 ingredients; fold together, and pour mixture into crust. Top with bacon, and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note