Salads have to be made on each plate individually. Mangos are messy to work with. Dole now carries frozen Mango chunks and, I will try them the next time. Other than that it was wonderfully delicious.
Sweet Onion 'n' Fruit Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Sissy Lamerton
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens, thoroughly washed
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh papaya, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Sweet Onions
- Garnish: fresh cherries
- 1. Whisk together apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt. Gradually add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended.
- 2. Arrange greens on salad plates; top with mango slices, papaya slices, and Caramelized Sweet Onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads