Salads have to be made on each plate individually. Mangos are messy to work with. Dole now carries frozen Mango chunks and, I will try them the next time. Other than that it was wonderfully delicious.
Sweet Onion 'n' Fruit Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Sissy Lamerton
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens, thoroughly washed
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh papaya, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Sweet Onions
- Garnish: fresh cherries
- 1. Whisk together apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt. Gradually add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended.
- 2. Arrange greens on salad plates; top with mango slices, papaya slices, and Caramelized Sweet Onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note