Sweet Onion Dip
Skip the prefab dips in the market; this cooked Vidalia dip is beyond better. The onions are subdued to begin with; cooking them concentrates their sugars for extra sweetness.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) Vidalia onions finely chopped
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 ounce(s) reduced-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) chives finely chopped
- Potato chips for serving
- 1.In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onions; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- 2.In a medium bowl, combine onions, sour cream, cream cheese, vinegar, and chives; season with salt and pepper. Chill dip until slightly thickened, about 1 hour; or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Serve with chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanisLaVelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Onion Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers