Sweet Nutcracker Braid
Community Recipe from
- 2/3 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dates finley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/3 cup(s) apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray large cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray. In small bowl combine 2/3 cup pecans, dates, raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Unfold puff pastry; place on sprayed cookie sheet. Roll to form 14x10 inch rectangle. Spread preserves in 4 inch wide strip down center of pastry. Sprinkle fruit and nut mixture over top of preserves.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on sides of pastry to within 1/2 inch of mixture, overlapping ends and alternating from side to side.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving platter. Cool 15 min.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled braid. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cloverhrt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes