This is a good recipe, but more on the spicy sid eof things. Next time, I will only use a coupld of chipotle peppers and not a whole can. Good base recipe to change things around. Used a pork tenderloin instead.
Sweet 'n' Spicy Braised Pork
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 748mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 3 pounds boneless PORK Shoulder Roast (Boston Butt)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook pork in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on all sides or until pork is browned.
- Stir together tomatoes and next 5 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add pork, turning to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or until pork is fork-tender. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and let stand 10 minutes. Shred pork with 2 forks. Return shredded pork to slow cooker, and stir until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This