Sweet Ketchup-and-Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf
For special occasions, make it with 1 pound each ground beef and ground veal and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, chives, or parsley substituted for dried Italian seasoning.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Stir together ground beef, breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a 10- x 4-inch loaf; place in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Arrange bacon slices over top of loaf. Stir together brown sugar, ketchup, and molasses; spread mixture evenly over meat loaf.
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes