- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
How to Make It
Stir together ground beef, breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a 10- x 4-inch loaf; place in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Arrange bacon slices over top of loaf. Stir together brown sugar, ketchup, and molasses; spread mixture evenly over meat loaf.
Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.