Sweet Hummingbird Cake
This streamlined version of the popular cake starts with a cake mix, bakes in a Bundt pan and is finished with store-bought vanilla frosting...The result? A moist, rich cake that's simple to make.
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 (18 1/2-oz.) pkg. banana cake mix
- 1 (16-oz.) can vanilla frosting
- toasted pecans, chopped
- Beat together first 5 ingredients and rum, if desired, in a large mixing bowl at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add cake mix, beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave frosting on high 15 to 20 seconds or until pourable. Let stand one minute before drizzling over cake. Sprinkle pecans over frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note