- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm reduced-fat tofu, cut into (1-inch) cubes
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- calories 275
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 3.9 g
- protein 14.1 g
- carbohydrate 36.1 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 0.5 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 425 mg
- calcium 55 mg
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
Combine broth and the next 7 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
Add ginger, garlic, and onions to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add tofu to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring gently to coat. Divide rice evenly among each of 4 plates; top each serving with tofu mixture.