I made these last year to give neighbors at Christmas. Since than I have made them several times. They are such a big hit that folks are still asking me for the recipe. I keep these on hand now and use them as snacks, with brie cheese and crackers, in chocolate chip cookie recipes, brownie recipes and more. The only change I make to the recipe is that I add 3 cups of pecans instead of 2 cups. Excellent!
Sweet-Hot Spiced Pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1. In a bowl, mix 1/3 cup sugar, 3/4 teaspoon cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice. Whisk in 1 large egg white and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Stir in 2 cups pecan halves.
- 2. Spread nuts in a single layer in an oiled nonstick 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Bake in a 300° regular or convection oven, stirring occasionally, until nuts are crisp and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3. Let cool about 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to loosen nuts from pan; cool completely. Serve or store airtight at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers